Sales Training Programs Agri-Business Industry
Agriculture Farm MachineryAgrochemical Ranching & Livestock Seed
Challenges & Pain‑Points in the Ag Industry
Today’s farm machinery and equipment manufacturers, agrochemical companies, livestock handlers, dealers, farmers, and growers face many pain-points. And that's because of a number of inherent risks, including globalization, market instability, price pressures, regulatory constraints, trade disputes, unpredictable weather patterns, food safety, and animal welfare — just to name a few.
That’s why Paul Cherry of Performance Based Results has developed customized agribusiness sales training programs that provide reps and sales management the skills to sell through these unique challenges — including how to help their customers embrace change, minimize risks, gain a competitive edge, and be more profitable. Paul's proven methods deliver ag sales training and coaching that guarantee results!
Ag Industry Pain-Points and Challenges for sales leaders and sales reps that PBR can help tackle!
- Ongoing struggles to motivate farmers and ranchers to be more receptive and open to change — despite technological advances and the demand for higher yields. Learn how to become more consultative in your sales role and inspire your agribusiness customers to take action.
- Loss of long-term customer relationships due to aging client base. The average age of farmers and ranchers is hitting 60-plus. And many are due to retire in the near future. Learn how to prospect for newer and more profitable opportunities in order to catapult your sales.
- Diversification and specialization are disrupting established sales channels due to:
- Economies of scale
- Restricted trade policies
- Family farms are more and more being run like corporate businesses. As the younger generation goes off to college and gains real-world experience — they are returning to positively disrupt the legacy practices of their parents and grandparents. Learn to develop the acumen and confidence you’ll need to rebuild established customer relationships with these young whipper snapper (business-savvy) ag pros — who emphasize the bottom line over loyalty.
- Increased competitive threats amongst suppliers as a result of the introduction of newer, more efficient agriculture technologies:
- Predictive analytics
- Precision farming
- Remote crop monitoring and forecasting
- Commoditization and price pressures in the agricultural industry are squeezing hard-earned sales margins. Learn how to justify your value, protect your margins, and show the customer their return-on-investment, or ROI, so they will gladly embrace your premium solution — and not even consider “shopping around.”
- There’s a greater awareness and advocacy for safe and humane treatment of livestock — which leads to increased industry transparency, forcing suppliers to be focused more on consumer trends. Learn how to be more innovative and collaborative in order to reduce your customer’s risks. Discover how to enhance your customer’s brand and reputation.
Here’s what some of our agribusiness clients and training participants have said about the results we helped them achieve
Our Training Strategy
In business, it’s crucial to not only have a vision of where you want to go, but also a plan in place for getting there. The Sales Bridge, an innovative model Paul Cherry developed and PBR utilizes, provides a training plan to address your specific sales challenges. We answer the most pressing questions your company faces everyday, ranging from how to increase profit margins and positive customer interactions to more efficiently and effectively managing a sales force deployed in the field.
Agribusiness Sales Program Benefits
Whether you require farm equipment sales training and agribusiness rep coaching or improved motivation, education and organization, our programs are capable of helping your team:
- Identify successful agribusiness strategies and techniques.
- Develop a rapport to more effectively collaborate and communicate.
- Discover how to build stronger, more productive customer relationships.
- Break through common barriers that stand of determining your customer’s level of commitment.
- Acquire the skills and confidence to be an efficient closer.
- Stay motivated, build on successes and maintain high performance.
Become a Trusted Partner
When your goal is to close more sales, our coaching process helps you recognize customers’ needs in order to maximize leads and revenue building opportunities. Our on-site agricultural sales training and leadership program teaches participants how to increase sales and profits, win more customers and grow market share. At the same time, we employ coaching and mentoring to reinforce positive habits and accountability to get and keep your team on the path to success.
Even the most experienced and driven professionals can benefit from personalized agribusiness training from PBR. Our agribusiness and farm equipment sales training sessions are high-energy, fun, interactive and focus on creating better communicators, leaders and decision-makers. Whether you’re in need of more effective management techniques or improved lead nurturing and negotiation training, we’re able to build a customized solution that directly addresses the biggest challenges standing in your way.Contact Us 302-478-4443 Ag Industry Blog
Case Study:Leading Agribusiness Manufacturer
- Manufacturer of cattle nutritional products struggling with 0% sales growth.
- Salespeople taking orders and servicing existing accounts.
- Price objections and no name brand recognition.
- No structure or KPIs to measure and monitor sales performance.
- Lack of accountability and low morale.
In order to change sales behaviors, the company turned to Performance Based Results to put together a sales training, coaching and management development program that would focus on changing the sales culture.
To improve the quality of calls made by sales reps, PBR went in-the-field and shadowed sales calls, then conducted pre-planning and post-review coaching sessions. A major emphasis was placed on:
- Consultative selling to up-sell and cross-sell.
- Closing more business by encouraging reps to decisively ask the customer for the order.
Year One: In the 12 months following initial training:
- The company generated more than 50% sales growth
- Closing ratio went from 10% to 31%.
- Average order size increased 28%.
- Salespeople were given every Friday afternoon off.
- Revenue increased from $15 million to $20 million.
- Sales manager promoted to executive leadership position.
Bottom line: The company's sales force was working less hours for greater results. A win-win for everyone.