Sales Training Programs Agri-Business Industry
Agriculture Technology Farm MachineryAgrochemical Ranching & Livestock
Challenges & Pain-Points in the Ag Industry
Today’s farm machinery and equipment manufacturers, agrochemical companies, livestock handlers, dealers, farmers, and growers face many pain-points. And that’s because of a number of inherent risks, including globalization, market consolidation, price pressures, regulatory constraints, trade disputes, unpredictable weather patterns, food safety, food security, food loss and waste, and animal welfare — just to name a few.
That’s why Paul Cherry of Performance Based Results has developed customized agribusiness sales training programs that provide reps and sales management the skills to sell through these unique challenges — including how to help their customers embrace change, minimize risks, gain a competitive edge, and be more profitable. Paul's proven methods deliver ag sales training and coaching that guarantee results!
Agribusiness Pain-Points that Ag Sales Reps and Managers Need to Overcome
- Agriculture Technology (Agtech, Agritech) is changing agribusiness — It’s a huge challenge for sales reps to keep ahead of continually-changing technologies in areas like data collecting, engineering, automation, and environmental science.
- robotics, 3D-printing, farm equipment automation
- livestock handling
- biotech greenhouses
- drones & sensors
- augmented reality
- blockchain technology
- New younger farmers and ranchers (Millennials, Gen X and Y) are altering the ag buyer’s landscape, causing tougher selling challenges — The majority of farmers are nearing retirement. Their successors are increasingly more business-savvy and have a penchant for squeezing greater productivity at lower costs.
- The Seed and Agrochemical Industry is rapidly expanding and evolving — It’s forcing ag buyers to think in new directions and abandon more tried-and-true solutions.
- GPS & soil scanning
- AI-powered tools
- synthetic fertilizers
- crop protection chemistry
- pesticides and the food chain
- disease management
- bio engineering
- There is a boom of agtech start-ups – But not all new companies will survive. Agtechs face the big obstacle of defining a value proposition that’s clear and unambiguous.
- Profit margins are being affected by climate change, over-population, and politics – Ag companies are heavily challenged by these issues more than ever before.
- government regulations
- tariffs on agricultural exports
- corporate consolidation of farms
- volatile weather patterns
- food safety & food security
- immigration workforce policies
What PBR Ag Sales Training Programs Can Do for Your Team
Performance Based Results Agribusiness Sales Training utilizes our popular Sales Bridge model to help sales professionals construct value-based selling solutions for their agribusiness customers.
Our training demonstrates how asking smart, open-ended questions, combined with active listening, allows reps to uncover a customer’s implicit needs and hidden goals. Sales teams, in turn, are motivated to maintain long-lasting and profitable agribusiness relationships.
- Become an invaluable agriculture industry resource by anticipating your prospects agtech needs
- Develop effective sales planning and research techniques with ag prospects to better understand their unfilled and unmet needs.
- Develop strong sales openings and build positive rapport with agribusiness customers to position yourself as a trusted strategic sales partner and not just an order-taker.
- Learn to create a winning value-based and knowledge-based sales proposition.
- Build and maintain new emerging client relationships (Millennials, Gen X and Y) by bridging the gap between newer technologies and more traditional tried-and-true methods
- Modernize your agribusiness sales efforts with new data-discovering technologies, tools, gadgets, and CRMs
- Use real-life scenarios and stories that resonate with farmers, ag professionals, C-suite executives, and decision-makers
- Develop methods to effectively capitalize on a farm or ag corporation’s unique strategic advantage.
- Create data-led, fact-based sales conversations at every stage of the sales process
- Listen and discover what your agribusiness prospect is saying, and not saying
- Learn skills to demonstrate your understanding of your ag customer’s needs
- Work to create an “AHA!” moment with your agribusiness prospects.
- Learn how to construct value-based, completely thought-out sales solutions that guarantee customer commitment.
- Develop the skills to confidently convey how your solution is uniquely suited to help close the deal.
Here’s what some of our agribusiness clients and training participants have said about the results we helped them achieve
(John Deere Dealer)
Miller Chemical & Fertilizer
Our Training Strategy
In business, it’s crucial to not only have a vision of where you want to go, but also a plan in place for getting there. The Sales Bridge, an innovative model Paul Cherry developed and PBR utilizes, provides a training plan to address your specific sales challenges. We answer the most pressing questions your company faces everyday, ranging from how to increase profit margins and positive customer interactions to more efficiently and effectively managing a sales force deployed in the field.
Agribusiness Sales Program Benefits
Whether you require farm equipment sales training and agribusiness rep coaching or improved motivation, education and organization, our programs are capable of helping your team:
- Identify successful agribusiness strategies and techniques.
- Develop a rapport to more effectively collaborate and communicate.
- Discover how to build stronger, more productive customer relationships.
- Break through common barriers that stand of determining your customer’s level of commitment.
- Acquire the skills and confidence to be an efficient closer.
- Stay motivated, build on successes and maintain high performance.
Become a Trusted Partner
When your goal is to close more sales, our coaching process helps you recognize customers’ needs in order to maximize leads and revenue building opportunities. Our on-site agricultural sales training and leadership program teaches participants how to increase sales and profits, win more customers and grow market share. At the same time, we employ coaching and mentoring to reinforce positive habits and accountability to get and keep your team on the path to success.
Even the most experienced and driven professionals can benefit from personalized agribusiness training from PBR. Our agriculture and farm equipment sales training sessions are high-energy, fun, interactive and focus on creating better communicators, leaders and decision-makers. Whether you’re in need of more effective management techniques or improved lead nurturing and negotiation training, we’re able to build a customized solution that directly addresses the biggest challenges standing in your way.Contact Us 302-478-4443 Ag Industry Blog
Case Study:Leading Agribusiness Manufacturer
- Manufacturer of cattle nutritional products struggling with 0% sales growth.
- Salespeople taking orders and servicing existing accounts.
- Price objections and no name brand recognition.
- No structure or KPIs to measure and monitor sales performance.
- Lack of accountability and low morale.
In order to change sales behaviors, the company turned to Performance Based Results to put together a sales training, coaching and management development program that would focus on changing the sales culture.
To improve the quality of calls made by sales reps, PBR went in-the-field and shadowed sales calls, then conducted pre-planning and post-review coaching sessions. A major emphasis was placed on:
- Consultative selling to up-sell and cross-sell.
- Closing more business by encouraging reps to decisively ask the customer for the order.
Year One: In the 12 months following initial training:
- The company generated more than 50% sales growth
- Closing ratio went from 10% to 31%.
- Average order size increased 28%.
- Salespeople were given every Friday afternoon off.
- Revenue increased from $15 million to $20 million.
- Sales manager promoted to executive leadership position.
Bottom line: The company's sales force was working less hours for greater results. A win-win for everyone.