Medical Device & Biotech Sales Training
For many medical and biotech sales professionals today, it’s a struggle to be able to gain and sustain access to decision makers — whether they’re a surgeon, physician, key opinion leader, materials manager or C-level hospital executive. How do you engage and influence, conduct value-added discussions and ask the right questions? How can sales reps listen for information that’s going to help drive the sale and steer clear of price discussions, avoid commoditization and deliver real value to customers?
Performance Based Results has the answers. Our customized medical and biotech sales training programs focus exclusively on the needs of your business and the marketplace it serves. Trainer Paul Cherry can teach your team how to identify and gain access to the true decision-makers, and then ask the questions that reveal honest, value-added information.Send Us a Message
Our clients typically get 7 times
their return-on-investment (ROI) – or better!
Here’s what some of our medical and biotech sales clients and training participants have said about the results we helped them achieve
Christina Kachellek Learning Manager,
Philips Remote Cardiac Service
On-Site Medical Device Sales Rep Training
The best medical sales training programs offer more than rah-rah speeches and generic info-speak. Your business is unlike any other because of its people. Achieving better results means pinpointing the unique problems your sales team faces. Leveraging in-depth industry knowledge and proven medical technology sales training techniques, Performance Based Results will help your reps ask the right questions, listen carefully to the answers and devise the solutions that close bigger sales.
Paul Cherry’s proprietary six-step approach to medical equipment sales training, The Sales Bridge, begins with research. Your sales representatives will gain the trust of your customers because they’ll take the time to identify customer needs and engage in value-added conversations. They’ll learn how to bypass the gatekeepers and gain access to the decision-makers who fund important purchases. Because closing the deal is just the beginning of the customer relationship, your sales reps will learn how to stay motivated while providing excellent customer service.Send Us a Message Call 302-478-4443
Become a Trusted Partner
Give the sales and management teams at your medical device business a refresher course with a customized or off-the-shelf solution from Performance Based Results. Our workshops include:
Selling Skills Workshops
Target specific skills that need improvement with a one-day workshop from Performance Based Results. Review your options, which include classes:
- Questions That Sell
- C-Suite Access: Selling to Senior Executives
- Succeed at Selling to Difficult Customers
Learn more about what your customers value, and how you can deliver that value, fast.
Build a healthier corporate culture with management classes that grow relationships between you, your executives and your employees. Workshops we offer include:
Global Medical Device Manufacturer
Highly technical medical device sales professionals had difficulty gaining access and engaging physicians. Too much time was spent driving to accounts, service calls, paperwork, calling on non-decision-makers (nurses, therapists, billing clerks, technicians, and administrative assistants). Additional challenges included the following:
- No structured sales and sales management process in place.
- Every rep sold differently — lack of a uniform approach/lack of consistency and accountability.
- Product marketing department did not communicate with sales department.
- Sales reps too comfortable selling one product line over other product lines.
- PBR put together a medical device sales training and medical device sales management training program focused on physician engagement strategies.
- PBR also customized a C-level executive sales training program to equip the sales reps to proactively call on individuals such as:
- Hospital Administrators
- CEOs and CFOs
- Vice Presidents
- Procurement Directors
- GPO and IDN key decision-makers
- Medical device manufacturer documented $8,234,000 of sales revenue as a direct result of the 3-month sales training program.
- Medical device sales reps consistently sold all five product lines to meet performance targets.
- Medical device sales reps demonstrated the following sales improvement activities:
- 18.7% increase in sales calls.
- 24.3 % increased face-time with the doctor.
- Shortened sales cycle by 17.2%.
- Increased closure rate by 16.9%.
- Greater marketing and sales collaboration to speed up product launches.
- 12 months after the training program, client increased sales revenue by 14%.