Sales Training Programs Healthcare + Medical Device BioTech + Pharmaceuticals
Life Sciences Insurance Companies Hospital & Laboratory Supply
Healthcare Industry Challenges & Pain‑Points
Within recent years, the healthcare, medical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries have experienced significant complexities and pain-points. Medical device manufacturers face increased government regulations. Drug companies are confronted by globalization and rising product costs, while the biotech and life sciences industry deals with workforce shortages and increasing R&D expenses. Plus restructuring is affecting hospital C-suite leadership roles.
That’s why Paul Cherry of Performance Based Results has developed customized healthcare, biotech, and pharmaceutical sales training programs that provide reps and sales leaders the skills to sell through these unique challenges — including how to help their customers embrace change, minimize risks, gain a competitive edge, and be more profitable. Paul's proven methods deliver expert healthcare industry training and coaching that guarantee results!
Healthcare, Biotech, & Pharma pain-points for sales leaders and sales reps that PBR can help tackle!
- Financial constraints are causing healthcare suppliers to forfeit their hard-earned sales margins. With exorbitant increases in operational expenses, drug pricing, and maintaining a qualified workforce — sales teams will need special skills to deal with pricing issues with prospects. Learn how to counter ploys to “squeeze you on price.” Take advantage of your product or service’s strengths and shift customers from cost savings to embracing your value.
- Increased government regulations and policy reforms impact the functioning of all biotech, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies — making sales reps “jump through hoops” to maintain strong customer relationships. Learn how to identify your “sales champion” at each healthcare organization for which you do business — helping you “weave through the maze” and avoid potential landmines that you may encounter during the sales process.
- Customers and prospects have little or no time to meet with sales reps. This is due to the fact that practices, institutions, and hospitals are rapidly updating and changing their policies to deal with the challenges of increased transparency. Learn how to use change as a “selling advantage” — where your customers see you as a valued and trusted resource — making their lives easier, more successful, and more profitable.
- Healthcare organizations are adopting more complex operating models. As a result, sales teams are experiencing lengthier cycles. Plus, changes to the sales pipeline are adding to the number of potential decision-makers. Learn how to gain control of your customer’s decision-making process. Leverage their buying criteria in your favor — avoiding the pitfalls that other salespeople stumble upon.
- With greater emphasis on value-based care suppliers need to show and document ROI. Learn how to justify your premium solution to your customer. Prove why choosing you will result in the lowest total “cost” of ownership or investment.
- Mergers, consolidations, and acquisitions are disrupting established sales relationships. Learn to acquire the skills to pro-actively cultivate new relationships, create new opportunities, and stave off competitive threats.
- Leadership roles are in a state of continual change. Healthcare suppliers must gain and sustain C-suite executive access in order to collaborate on a customer’s vision and strategy. Learn to gain the confidence to engage senior-level executives in order to position yourself as a strategic partner and not a “product peddler.” Contact Us 302-478-4443 Healthcare Blog Case Studies
Here’s what some top healthcare sales leaders are saying about the results we helped their sales teams achieve
Christina Kachellek Learning Manager,
Philips Remote Cardiac Service
Johnson & Johnson
Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, and Biotech Sales Team Training
The best healthcare sales training programs offer more than “rah-rah” speeches and generic info-speak. Your business is unlike any other because of its people. Achieving better results means pinpointing the unique problems your sales team faces. Leveraging in-depth industry knowledge and proven healthcare technology sales training techniques, Performance Based Results will help your reps ask the right questions, listen carefully to the answers and devise the solutions that close bigger sales.
The Sales Bridge
The Sales Bridge is a proprietary model Paul Cherry developed and has perfected during his over 25 years as a sales training xpert. The program provides a training plan to target your team’s specific sales challenges.
Our Four-Step Approach
Through our 4-Step PBR Approach (identify, launch, sustain, and achieve) we’re able to affect real change and ROI for your organization, to solve the most critical pain-points that stand in the way of growing your business. You receive clear and targeted “GPS tracking” — providing a sales plan that will guide your company from where it is now to where you want it to be.Healthcare Blog
Become a Trusted Partner — Not a “Product Peddler”
Give the sales and management teams at your healthcare organization a refresher course with a customized solution from Performance Based Results. Our workshops include:
Sales Rep Training Workshops
Take advantage of our sales skills workshops and gain access to the decision-makers who can make an impact on your bottom line. Our sales rep training workshops include:
- Questions That Sell
- Executive Access: Selling to the C-Suite
- Getting Indecisive Customers to Close the Sale
Sales Management Workshops
Case Study #1:Global Medical Device Manufacturer
Highly technical medical device sales professionals had difficulty gaining access and engaging physicians. Too much time was spent driving to accounts, service calls, paperwork, calling on non-decision-makers (nurses, therapists, billing clerks, technicians, and administrative assistants). Additional challenges included the following:
- No structured sales and sales management process in place.
- Every rep sold differently — lack of a uniform approach/lack of consistency and accountability.
- Product marketing department did not communicate with sales department.
- Sales reps too comfortable selling one product line over other product lines.
- PBR put together a medical device sales training and medical device sales management training program focused on physician engagement strategies.
- PBR also customized a C-level executive sales training program to equip the sales reps to pro-actively call on individuals such as:
- Hospital Administrators
- CEOs and CFOs
- Vice Presidents
- Procurement Directors
- GPO and IDN key decision-makers
- Medical device manufacturer documented $8,234,000 of sales revenue as a direct result of the 3-month sales training program.
- Medical device sales reps consistently sold all five product lines to meet performance targets.
- Medical device sales reps demonstrated the following sales improvement activities:
- 18.7% increase in sales calls.
- 24.3 % increased face-time with the doctor.
- Shortened sales cycle by 17.2%.
- Increased closure rate by 16.9%.
- Greater marketing and sales collaboration to speed up product launches.
- 12 months after the training program, client increased sales revenue by 14%.
Case Study #2:Global Pharmaceutical Company
Global pharmaceutical company was getting ready to launch a new product but concerned that their sales reps would not adapt well to to cross-selling multiple drug lines while trying to learn a new therapy.
The company turned to Performance Based Results to develop and deliver new product training launch.
Performance Based Results trained 300 sales reps and sales managers in customized on-site workshops that focused on:
- Gaining and sustaining access to doctors.
- Advanced probing strategies and sales questioning techniques.
- Expanding the sales call.
- Twelve months later, new drug launch exceeded revenue projections by more than 31%.
- Within two years, the drug became the company’s top seller (#1 Blockbuster).
- Sales leaders attribute their success to PBR’s