Energy Sales Training
Companies we have worked with
Sustainability innovators, electrical distributors, and infrastructure systems builders are just some of the businesses encompassing the expanding energy industry.
Energy sales reps face a number of pain-points and challenges including supply chain shortages and post-pandemic inflation. Field‑based reps must establish consumer trust — while sales teams need to present value‑based solutions — based on the customer’s needs and pricing concerns.
That’s why Paul Cherry and Performance Based Results have developed customized energy sales training programs that provide teams with the skills to sell through these unique industry challenges — including how to help their customers embrace change and be more profitable — while beating out the competition. Paul’s proven methods deliver industry sales training and coaching that guarantee results!Contact Us
Pain-Points in the Electrical & Energy Industry
Challenges that Performance Based Results will help tackle!
Today's electrical distributors face competition from alternate channels such as home centers, internet “virtual distributors,” catalog houses, and direct sales — giving buyers new choices in sources of supply. Customers are learning about products from the marketing sector — which is making sales reps obsolete.
Utilizing our Sales Bridge model, our energy industry sales workshops go beyond teaching basic selling techniques. We show sales reps how to develop strategic partnerships with their prospects that promote loyalty and trust — and not simply be an “order-taker.”
PBR’s energy sales training demonstrates how asking smart, open-ended questions — combined with deliberate listening — allows reps to create and maintain long-lasting customer relationships. We guide electrical distributor and energy sales teams to:
- Develop effective sales planning and research techniques to gain knowledge and anticipate challenges of new energy industry prospects — before the first sales call.
- Create and practice strong sales openings that build rapport.
- Ask insightful, strategic, well‑thought‑out questions to reveal what energy customers truly value and discover their hidden needs.
Electrical distributors need to be innovative and re‑examine their existing business model — finding ways to improve their logistics capabilities, and speed deliveries to customers who expect same day or next day delivery — the concept of the “solutions-based distributor” is becoming the industry norm. Buyers want to purchase a full solution, not just the components.
Our intense, interactive energy sales training provides sales teams with the skills to:
- Develop value-based solutions that integrate the seller’s service with the true needs of the energy industry customer.
- Practice closing techniques that ensure sales commitment.
- Motivate and follow up with existing energy accounts to promote additional opportunities.
- Become an energy industry thought-leader who can quickly gain a customer’s trust and confidence — while demonstrating ROI.
The role of the field salesperson in renewable energy industries is changing fast because of new and increased customer expectations and growing technology. Few customers have the time for meetings unless the sales rep can provide a solution to a problem.
Our energy sales workshops help sales teams leverage diverse changes within the marketplace, with ever-expanding customer expectations, by showing reps how to:
- Disrupt and displace the energy customer’s entrenched competitor partnerships.
- Embrace new and innovative technologies as a means to provide fact-based (value-based) solutions for energy customers.
- Learn to pinpoint the most influential contacts within key accounts — and identify energy industry C-suite decision-makers and influencers.
- Seek out and nurture multiple customer relationships in the same company — establishing the rep as a trusted advisor and “go-to” person.
Here’s what some of our Electrical Distributor & Energy Industry sales leaders have said about the results we helped their teams achieve
North Coast Electric
Integrated Power Services
The Sales Bridge
Our six-step approach takes representatives through every stage of the process, from planning to the post-sale follow-up. When applied to B2B energy sales, this tried-and-true approach can help build stronger relationships between your sales team and your customers. Our energy sales training program gives your people the skills they need to plan for initial meetings with clients, identify their needs, sell them solutions, close the deal and maintain their loyalty. These strategies are critical in the current market due to extreme competition and the wide variety of customer requirements and concerns.
Why Outsourcing Sales Training Makes Sense
Your company can gain numerous benefits as a result of our energy and utility sales training. First and foremost, your representatives gain skills and techniques that are known to boost their effectiveness in closing deals. Our program also helps build stronger discipline because a regular education regimen instills your sales team members with a framework for success that they can reference in any situation. In addition, this type of learning boosts your employee retention because they will feel more confident in their abilities and know they are being supported by their employer.
Support for Multiple Operations
Whether your operations are in traditional or alternative energy sources, we have the expertise needed to help your salespeople build relationships with your clientele. Our comprehensive approach can be applied to:
- Renewable Energy Sales Training
- Sustainable Energy Sales Training
- Solar Energy Sales Training
Why Choose Performance Based Results?
In all our sales training programs, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. We don’t simply drill your team members with a one-size-fits-all program. We develop fully customized solutions that are tailored to the specific needs of your business. The highly engaging, interactive nature of our workshops and seminars means the lessons will stick with your salesforce. In addition, built-in accountability measures ensure that you will be able to see the results. To learn more about our complete power sales training programs, get in touch with us today.Contact Us
National Electrical Distributor
The president of large national electrical distributor wanted to make an investment in his sales force and management teams through a comprehensive training program that stressed continual reinforcement and application.
He also wanted to give managers the skills needed to motivate salespeople to excel even when the economy seems jittery.
PBR developed a three-month professional sales skills training initiative that included customized sales-rep workshops targeted to sales teams and sales management workshops geared toward sales leaders.
Workshops were conducted at multiple locations and sessions were given in two installments to emphasis reinforcement of learned skills.
- Tremendous ROI reported within the first two months after training started.
- $6 million increase in sales revenue documented.