Healthcare Sales Training
Companies we have worked with
The healthcare industry (medical, hospital, pharmaceutical, insurance, and biotechnology) is experiencing significant complexities and pain-points. Medical device manufacturers face a potential drop in elective procedures. Drug companies confront physician access restrictions. Biotech and life science firms deal with increasing research expenses. And hospitals are still restructuring (post pandemic) — affecting C-suite leadership roles.
That’s why Paul Cherry and Performance Based Results have developed customized healthcare, biotech, and pharmaceutical sales training programs that provide reps and sales leaders the skills to sell through these unique challenges — including how to help their customers embrace change and be more profitable — while beating out the competition. Paul’s proven methods deliver expert healthcare training and coaching that guarantee results!Contact Us
Healthcare Industry Pain-Points
Challenges that Performance Based Results will help tackle!
Financial constraints are causing healthcare suppliers to forfeit their hard-earned sales margins. With exorbitant increases in operational expenses, drug pricing, and maintaining a qualified workforce — sales teams will need special skills to deal with pricing issues with prospects.
- Our healthcare sales training provides sales teams with the skills to ask customers smart, eye‑opening, discovery questions. By uncovering hidden issues and gaining pertinent knowledge and information, sales reps are equipped to design solutions that help differentiate the customer’s product or service. We show sales teams the best questions to focus customers on value — rather than pricing and cost concerns.
- Sales teams learn numerous procedures to counter ploys to “squeeze” on price. We show reps how to take advantage of their product or service’s strengths and shift customers from cost savings to embracing value.
Increased government regulations and policy reforms impact the functioning of all biotech, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies — making sales reps “jump through hoops” to maintain strong customer relationships.
We demonstrate to reps how to identify their “sales champion” at each healthcare organization for which they do business — helping to “weave through the maze” and avoid potential land‑mines (sales obstacles) that may be encountered during the selling process.
Medical device, pharmaceutical, and healthcare customers and prospects have little or no time to meet with sales reps. This is due to the fact that practices, institutions, and hospitals are rapidly updating and changing their policies to deal with the challenges of increased transparency.
- Using our Sales Bridge model, our healthcare training guides teams through the sales process maze. By asking smart, open-ended questions, combined with active listening, reps can discover what the prospect is saying, and not saying.
- Our medical sales training programs show how to use the concept of change as a “selling advantage” — where the customer sees the sales rep as a valued and trusted resource — making the customer’s life easier, more successful, and more profitable.
With greater emphasis on “value-based care,” healthcare providers, including hospitals and physicians, need to show and document ROI.
Our programs teach healthcare and medical reps a series methods to justify their value-based solution to the customer. We then demonstrate procedures to gain commitment. Sales reps learn to provide proof to that customer why the solution will result in the lowest total “cost” of ownership and investment.
Leadership roles are in a state of continual change. Due to mergers, consolidations, and acquisitions — healthcare suppliers must gain and sustain C-suite executive access in order to strengthen customer relationships and to collaborate on a customer’s vision and strategy.
Though extensive workshop exercises, healthcare sales reps learn to gain the confidence to engage senior-level C-suite executives in order to position themselves as a strategic partner and not a simple “order-taker.” Sales teams acquire the skills to pro-actively cultivate new relationships, create new opportunities, and stave off competitive threats.
Here’s what some of our Healthcare and Medical sales leaders have said about the results we helped their teams achieve
Christina Kachellek Learning Manager,
Philips Remote Cardiac Service
Johnson & Johnson
Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, and Biotech Sales Team Training
The best medical sales rep training programs offer more than “rah-rah” speeches and generic info-speak. Your business is unlike any other because of its people. Achieving better results means pinpointing the unique problems your sales team faces. Leveraging in-depth industry knowledge and proven healthcare technology sales training techniques, Performance Based Results will help your reps ask the right questions, listen carefully to the answers and devise solutions that close bigger sales.
The Sales Bridge
The Sales Bridge is a proprietary model Paul Cherry developed and has perfected during his over 25 years as a sales training expert. The program provides a pharmaceutical sales rep training plan to target your team’s specific sales challenges
We’re able to affect real change and ROI for your organization, to solve the most critical pain-points that stand in the way of growing your business. You receive clear and targeted “GPS tracking” — providing a sales plan that will guide your company from where it is now to where you want it to be.
Become a Trusted Partner — Not a Product Peddler
Give the sales and management teams at your healthcare organization a refresher course with a customized pharmaceutical sales training solution from Performance Based Results. Our workshops include:
Sales Rep Training Workshops
Take advantage of our sales rep training workshops and gain access to the decision-makers who can make an impact on your bottom line. Workshops include:
Sales Management Workshops
Build a healthier sales culture with our sales management training programs that grow relationships between sales managers and sales reps. Workshops we offer include:
- Questions That Get Results
- Changing Your Sales Culture to Increase Profits
- Strategies to Motivate Your Sales Team
Global Medical Device Manufacturer
Highly technical medical device sales professionals had difficulty gaining access and engaging physicians. Too much time was spent driving to accounts, service calls, paperwork, calling on non-decision-makers (nurses, therapists, billing clerks, technicians, and administrative assistants). Additional challenges included the following:
- No structured sales and sales management process in place.
- Every rep sold differently — lack of a uniform approach/lack of consistency and accountability.
- Product marketing department did not communicate with sales department.
- Sales reps too comfortable selling one product line over other product lines.
- PBR put together medical device sales management training and medical device sales training programs focused on physician engagement strategies.
- PBR also customized a C-level executive sales training program to equip the sales reps to pro-actively call on individuals such as:
- Hospital Administrators
- CEOs and CFOs
- Vice Presidents
- Procurement Directors
- GPO and IDN key decision-makers
- Medical device manufacturer documented $8,234,000 of sales revenue as a direct result of the 3-month sales training program.
- Medical device sales reps consistently sold all five product lines to meet performance targets.
- Medical device sales reps demonstrated the following sales improvement activities:
- 18.7% increase in sales calls.
- 24.3 % increased face-time with the doctor.
- Shortened sales cycle by 17.2%.
- Increased closure rate by 16.9%.
- Greater marketing and sales collaboration to speed up product launches.
- 12 months after the training program, client increased sales revenue by 14%.