How to Disrupt Existing Supplier Relationships
When accompanying sales reps on calls, too often I witness sales reps barraging the prospect with a slew of questions like:
- Who are you using now?
- What do you like about them?
- What don’t you like about them?
- What are you paying?
- Where do you need to be?
As a result, these sales calls typically go nowhere.
Disrupting a Prospect’s Existing Supplier Relationships
A better tactic — focus on the prospect’s current customer base. After all, it’s the reason why they are in business.
- Where are they meeting/not meeting their customers’ expectations?
- Where are they looking to grow their sales?
- Where are they looking to reinforce their customer value and gain a competitive edge?
Focus on the above areas, and you are more likely to disrupt existing supplier relationships.
Leave a Reply