Sales Training Programs Technology Industry
High-Tech Information Technology Software Environmental Science
Tech Industry Challenges & Pain‑Points
Technology sales teams face a number of industry pain-points. There is intense pressure for reps to stay ahead of the competition to offer best-in-class offerings. The always-on customer, lightning-fast production cycles, and constant disruptions mean companies need to adapt quickly. Balancing software innovation, artificial intelligence, emerging environmental science breakthroughs, plus an ongoing struggle to maintain a talented, higher-performing workforce are just some of the challenges the technology industry faces.
That’s why Paul Cherry of Performance Based Results has developed customized technology sales training programs that provide reps and sales leaders the skills to sell through these unique challenges — including how to help their customers embrace change, minimize risks, gain a competitive edge, and be more profitable. Paul’s proven methods deliver expert industry training and coaching that guarantee results!
Tech Industry challenges & pain‑points for sales leaders and sales reps that PBR can help tackle!
- Quickly evolving technologies are causing customers to adopt a “wait and see” buying approach. They avoid making buying decisions to observe what will gain traction vs. what will be a “market flop.” Learn how to instantly clarify your customer’s true level of interest by discovering and differentiating their present needs vs. their needs for the future.
- In the next few years, many Baby Boomers will retire, taking with them decades of institutional knowledge that will be difficult to replace Learn to cultivate fresh customer relationships with younger Millennial and Gen Z prospects — taking advantage of their digital savvy and innate comfort with newer technologies.
- There’s a struggle on how to connect with Millennial and Gen Z sales reps early in the sales process — as they prefer to initially communicate through instant messaging and social media. Learn ways to develop rapport and ignite your customer’s passions by embracing these newer communication strategies, along with the tried‑and‑true. Get younger reps to “see the value” in face‑to‑face meetings, traditional email, and negotiating over‑the‑phone.
- The technology industry has adopted an account-based selling approach. Learn sure-fire methods that allow your sales team to focus on digging deeper and across multiple departmental levels — with methods to engage high-level decision-makers.
- The industry is struggling to leverage current trends in AI and CRM integration, along with demographic-psychographic profiling. Learn how to leverage and embrace these technologies to gain more control and more influence in your client relationships while achieving more success.
- Digital and IT firms are trying to align their marketing and sales departments to collaborate more effectively. Learn to seek out and nurture multiple customer relationships within the same company — uniting, aligning, and streamlining their processes — establishing yourself as a trusted advisor and “go-to” person.
- Due to challenges of balancing innovation with enormous transformations, like mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, joint ventures, partnerships and strategic alliances — established tech customer contacts are disappearing. Learn to develop a proactive mindset in order to seek out new opportunities and cultivate new customer relationships in the midst of change.
- Companies are experiencing prolonged sales cycles, dwindling channel sales, with shrinking revenue and margins. Learn to pinpoint the most influential people within your business accounts — identify and analyze key stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers. Contact Us 302-478-4443 Technology Blog
Here’s what some of our Tech Industry sales leaders have said about the results we helped them achieve
Integrated Power Services
In-Depth Training Customized for Your Business
Technology sales is unique in the sales profession in that it requires essential technical knowledge in addition to polish, negotiation skills, the patience to persist through a long sales process and the ability to navigate office politics among multiple stakeholders. Without the right sales training, even a game-changing product will be ignored. Performance Based Results teaches technology sales professionals the skills they need to grow your customer base and your bottom line.
The Sales Bridge
The Sales Bridge is a proprietary model Paul Cherry developed and has perfected during his over 25 years as a sales training xpert. The program provides a training plan to target your team’s specific sales challenges.
Our Four-Step Approach
Through our 4-Step PBR Approach (identify, launch, sustain, and achieve) we’re able to affect real change and ROI for your organization, to solve the most critical pain-points that stand in the way of growing your business. You receive clear and targeted “GPS tracking” — providing a sales plan that will guide your company from where it is now to where you want it to be.Contact Us 302-478-4443 Technology Blog
Become a Trusted Partner
Performance Based Results provides customized on-site workshops targeted to the needs of technology businesses’ sales team and sales leaders. We help you discover your customer’s true needs to create winning solutions — allowing you to become a trusted advisor, not a “product peddler.”
Sales Rep Training Workshops
Take advantage of our sales skills workshops and gain access to the decision-makers who can make an impact on your bottom line. Our sales rep training workshops include:
- Questions That Sell
- Executive Access: Selling to the C-Suite
- Getting Indecisive Customers to Close the Sale
Sales Management Workshops
Case Study:Global IT Software Solutions Provider
Highly technical sales professionals had difficulty gaining access and engaging key decision-makers.
Additional challenges included the following:
- Lack of structured sales and sales management process in place.
- Each technical sales professional sold differently.
- Lack of consistency and accountability.
- Marketing department did not communicate with sales department.
- Sales professionals were calling on IT points of contact when they should have been selling at a higher level.
- Performance Based Results put together a sales training and sales management training program focused on building a credible business solution that appealed to customer’s needs, emotions, and the logic to act.
- Performance Based Results also customized a C-level executive leadership coaching program to equip sales reps to pro-actively communicate with:
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CVOs.
- Owners, Presidents, or other senior executives.
- Principal Engineers or Principal Scientists.
- Vice Presidents or other top-level managers and supervisors.
- IT software solutions provider documented $10,538,000 of sales revenue as a direct result of the 5-month sales and management programs.
- Sales professionals consistently sold all four product lines to meet performance targets.
- Sales team demonstrated the following sales improvements:
- 15.4% increase in sales calls.
- 21.8 % increased access to C-suite executive.
- Shortened sales cycle by 14.9%.
- Increased closure rate by 15.2%.
- Greater marketing and sales collaboration to speed up product launches.
- 12 months following the sales and management programs, revenues increased by 18%.