Why Knowledge Can Get You Into Trouble in Today’s Selling Reality
Many of us take great pride in the amount of knowledge that we acquire. We would think it’s the most important or the heart of the sales process. But according to Harvard University, they say “no.”
The things that really dictate one’s career success is:
- The skill — the ability to do the job.
- The attitude — the drive, the ambition, and the motivation.
What’s interesting is:
- 85% of one’s career success is dictated by skills and attitudes.
- And only 15% based on one’s knowledge.
For us to get into the acceleration mode means — let’s ramp up both:
- The skills – the ability to do the job.
- The attitude – driving the ambition to make it happen.
That’s what’s going to get more sales!